Hand-tied weft hair extensions are a popular method used not only in Arizona but throughout the United States and Europe. This hair extensions technique attaches weft hair extensions to natural hair by creating rows using silicone micro-bead and thread and hand stitching techniques. These extensions are known for their high cost however offer the most volume and natural-looking results.
- Wefts /Preparation: Dakota London Micro-wefts, are thin and lightweight and have no return hair to avoid discomfort. These are the cutting-edge of all wefts on the market and took us 18 months to develop. Our hair extension specialists will create a color that matches your hair color, texture, and desired length.
- Sectioning: The hair is divided into sections to create a foundation for attaching the extensions. The sections are created horizontally. The number of sections depends on the desired volume and thickness.
- Attachment: After the section is prepared the stylist will take small sections of natural hair and attach a silicone-lined micro-bead. Once a row of beads has been attached we then stitch thread from bead to bead. This is the foundation that the weft will be hand-tied to. Then the weft will be measured to the horizontal section. It is then hand-tied to the section of beads and thread. This process is repeated until the desired amount of rows are placed.
- Blending: Once all the extensions are in place, the hair is blended. Creating a seamless transition between the natural hair and the extensions. This involves cutting and shaping the hair to create a cohesive and natural-looking result.
- Styling: The hair is then styled according to the client’s preferences. The extensions can be curled, straightened, or styled in any way that the natural hair would be.
One of the advantages of the Dakota London Micro-Weft is more flexible and lightweight. This make our weft far more comfortable compared to other weft extensions.
It’s worth noting that hand-tied hair extensions require regular 6-8 week maintenance. We provide specific care instructions and products including a free hair extension brush to set you up for success with your new extensions.